4.12.2008

Here I find myself

News, news, news.  I’ve officially been offered a position at the PR firm where I’m currently situated for the autumn season at least, and I’ve decided to take it.  I’m going to work it out to accumulate internship credit at MSU so I’ll still be enrolled while I figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life, but I’ll be getting paid in pounds and working in an amazing environment.  


I’m coming back for about a month or so over the summer to work out my visa situation, but them I’m high-tailing it back over here to work on my accounts and do the career thing for a bit.  I know that putting off school for another semester will in a way be excruciatingly frustrating, but I can’t hide the fact that I’m going to school to get a job exactly like the one that’s been placed in my lap, and I’m going to be getting paid more than I would in an entry level position with a degree simply because I’m apparently proving to be quite an asset.


I don’t know if I’m going to continue on over here after the six months expires, but I know that I’m not ready to leave at the present and that I would be incredibly bored, annoyed, and not motivated back at MSU, especially with all I have experienced over the past few months.  


My summer plans are to fly back to NYC on the 7th, spend about a week with my dearest Melissa, take a train down to either DC or PA, meet up with my mom while she’s on holiday, drive back with her, spend a couple-few weeks basking in the Missouri sun compliments of my backyard, and then once again zip through the aeronautical flotsam and jetsam of the Atlantic.  


It wasn’t easy - deciding whether to stay in London or play my hand with my previous plans, but in the end, I’ve been given no reason to invest much more time in Springfield.  I miss my family and friends greatly, my adorable little brother most of all, but I have more to learn about the world and myself and I’m not ready to end this lesson.

No comments: