7.18.2011

I'm always so bad about this

I can't believe that I never apologized to anyone who may have been hopefully naïve enough to attempt to check this blog every once in a while during my incredibly inexcusably long absence. Graduate school happened, and for those of you who require more of an explanation than that, allow me to add that while this repository of thoughts and stories suffered, withered, and was lying comatose, my friendships and other relationships were doing the same. My creativity came to a screeching halt and my sense of self had diminished beyond belief. All that mattered was the academic game of acquiring credits. No other world existed.


I hope that I can in the future (and, hell, the present) stay in tune with the portion of me that really loves posting things on this blog. I know that some of the creative nonfiction is kind of long, but I'm not sure that I know how to tell a truly short story that is in narrative form. It's definitely a muscle I plan to exercise, but it won't be toned for a while, so if long-form CNF isn't your style, skip 'em and I'll pepper the pages of text with quips of apology and philosophy like this post and many that have been posted here in previous years. 


That being said, however, I've looked back at some of my writing from the past, and I can't recall where that girl has gone. She seems so interesting and I want to get to know her. I wonder if she'd like me or if she'd be bored of me. Maybe both at different times. Or maybe she's multi-talented enough to like and be bored by simultaneously. I can't recall.


Not that anything on this blog (in typing that word more than once, I realize how much I despise it) is truly profound–it's all merely musings that I have to cough up into words before I lose my sanity–but it's a charming thought that what's written could pretend to be interesting. If if isn't now, perhaps another life will reflect differently upon my queries and prose. 


Anyway, enough rambling on and on. There is plenty of time for that later and you can bet that there will be much more of it later, too. Welcome, or welcome back. And thanks for your patience with me and my growing up. 

No comments: